HOW TO SECURE A WIFI ROUTER
According to WIKIPEDIA "a wireless router is a device that performs the functions of router and a wireless access point. It is used to provide access to the internet or a private computer networks."
Now, first of all we have to understand what is need to secure your WiFi router from unwanted users.If your WiFi is not secured properly then anyone can get access to it and your internet speed will decreases. Although you have secured it with a strong password but unwanted users can get access to it by using several proxy applications. Following are some simple steps to secure your WiFi router (specially : TP-Link ) :
- STEP 1 : Open the web browser and type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
- STEP 2 : Now, put USERNAME : admin
PASSWORD : admin (if not changed)
- STEP 3 : A homepage of TP-Link will be appeared as shown in pic.
Then follow the following instruction : INTERFACE SETUP > WIRELESS > WIRELESS MAC ADDRESS > ACTIVATE
- STEP 4 : You can block the MAC address or restrict them, its your choice. But according to my point of view you should restrict the MAC address
i.e only mentioned MAC address will get access to your router. If you block the users ,they can use proxy apps to change their MAC ADDRESS get
access to your WiFi router.
- STEP 5 : Now select Allow Association and type the restricted MAC address in the space provided and click SAVE BUTTON .
AND PLEASE LIKE, SHARE AND GIVE YOUR FEEDBACK IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.
For more information checkout this video :